Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, not sure how you guys feel about costumes for dogs, but I think they're pretty adorable.

How about you guys? Do you have any other recommendations for great dog costumes? And can I get away with dressing up my dog on other days of the year (besides Halloween)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think as long as the dog is comfortable with it and will not get too hot or find it distressing then it is okay to dress up your dogs. Personally i dont as my GSD would get to hot and my Lab X whippet would chew the costume and not enjoy it. But it is very cute. you can always have different coats for your dogs for everyday use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think as long as the dog is comfortable with it and will not get too hot or find it distressing then it is okay to dress up your dogs. Personally i dont as my GSD would get to hot and my Lab X whippet would chew the costume and not enjoy it. But it is very cute. you can always have different coats for your dogs for everyday use.
Completely agree with you on your comfort point of view

·
Registered
69 Posts
As long as the dog is comfortable and everything fits ok, I think it's a great way to make your dog look extra cute.

·
Banned
795 Posts
Hey all, not sure how you guys feel about costumes for dogs, but I think they're pretty adorable.

How about you guys? Do you have any other recommendations for great dog costumes? And can I get away with dressing up my dog on other days of the year (besides Halloween)?
My hearing dog had to wear jacket when he was working so I put some bat wings on the jacket so he could be in a dog parade to help raise money for the city dog shelter. My dog was black so I called him bat dog! That was the only time I dressed my dog up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
putting a working jacket on or a coat for the cold weather is one thing my own 2 have a winter coat but why dress your dog up and carry it round in a handbag. its a dog let it go on the ground and sniff at things and each other and play on the park like dogs do

·
Registered
97 Posts
a bit of fun i do myself. some reindeer antlers at christmas or bunny ears at easter but i cant see why people would dress their dogs up all the time

·
Registered
785 Posts
Personally, i have an odd reaction to seeing dogs with clothes on.
Im not keen.
Im a migrant to australia, where lets face, it doesnt get that cold, even in winter.
the same dogs i saw wandering streets coatless in uk, are rugged up over here.
Why?
im told it is because they get cold.

Must be a very boring and sedate walk, that's all i can say.
for dogs that genuinely feel the cold, i feel that's fine. But for fashion? never.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Only put a costume on your dog if its comfortable. If he does not let you put it on then do not force him. If it is comfortable and he does not try to take it off, then its a great way to make your dog look really cute.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have costumes, but my dog has a heavy jacket for colder days, a rain coat and a hiking backpack. The coats he sometimes is indifferent about, but he loves his backpack. I live right in between 3 mountains and the weather is so unpredictable sometimes!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have light fleece jacket for my pup when its freakishly cold. She has almost no body fat so she shivers and refuses to go outside in the cold.

·
Banned
101 Posts
i would like to give some lovely clothes for my puppy later.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts