Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got so tired of people thinking Mia was a boy I decided to spend some $$$ on a very expensive pink collar by Hunter. It's some German made collar, I loved the bright pink color, it contrasts so well with her dark brindle.

HOWEVER....people still think she's a boy!!!! I had her tied outside Starbucks one morning and this woman with her dog was also sitting outside. She asked me "Oh, is that still a puppy? How many months is HE?" ARG.. #%[email protected]!^%[email protected]

I guess these days we don't really have gender colors anymore lol which is a good thing! I don't know why I care so much that people think shes a boy but I do! lol

I was thinking maybe I could stick a big pretty flower on her (just on her walks, if I left it on for a playdate it wouldn't last 2 seconds haha). Do you guys put anything on your dog's collars? Does anyone recommend a website or etsy store that sells pretty flowers that can be attached to a collar?

I tried a pink bowtie (got it free from a dog event) but that didn't really help haha

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I really like that color on her! Very pretty.

There are a ton of people making flowers for collars on etsy. Maybe do a search there. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! It really helps when we're on the trails, her collar really stands out so I can see her better, otherwise she's just a black shadow hopping between the trees and bushes haha

Yeah I just did a quick search and man..shipping costs almost the same as the flowers themselves!! lol Damn canada postage! I might have to search locally here in Vancouver.

·
Registered
256 Posts
HOWEVER....people still think she's a boy!!!! I had her tied outside Starbucks one morning and this woman with her dog was also sitting outside. She asked me "Oh, is that still a puppy? How many months is HE?" ARG.. #%[email protected]!^%[email protected]

I guess these days we don't really have gender colors anymore lol which is a good thing! I don't know why I care so much that people think shes a boy but I do! lol...
Oh, I understand you just too well! :D My girl looks similar to Mia, but not brindle, but solid dark brown/black. And yes, it aggravates me as well that everyone assumes it's a he :D

Just on the weekend I was at petsmart and she was lying on the floor waiting for me to decide what to buy and this lady comes around and is like: "Oh, that is a well behaved boy, good boy." And I told that she is a female and the lady: "He looks so comfy." Oh well, thanks, we're leaving :D

And I already have everything in orange for her (not pink, but orange just looks so good on her fur color).

Reactions: yoshiposhi

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And I already have everything in orange for her (not pink, but orange just looks so good on her fur color).
Orange looks great on her! Bright colors always looks so good on dark color dogs. :thumbsup: Out of curiosity, how tall is she (from her shoulders) and how much does she weigh?

Thanks @Lucillle!! :D Passerbys (that aren't weary of bully breeds) really gush over her and love her wiggly butt haha
@kmes Thank you for the links!! I looove the flowers from PoochandTabby, so beautiful!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks @Project Click! I think I found one I like from one of the links Kmes posted. I will update with a pic when it arrives!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Orange looks great on her! Bright colors always looks so good on dark color dogs.
Out of curiosity, how tall is she (from her shoulders) and how much does she weigh?
Thank you!

She is about 21" and weighs around 55lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I feel your pain. Levi wears red, and he's big for an Aussie, but I always get "She's beautiful What's her name?" "His name is Levi" "Ah she's so pretty!":headbash:

I open dog greetings in class with "Awww, who is this cutie?" :p

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I LOVE to put flowers on Aspen's collar! No shame in my game! :)

I got a few cute ones on clearance at Target. Whenever we go to a party or have people over for a party, I put a decoration on her collar. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts