Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full disclosure we're a newly launched dog clothing brand.

I'm curious how many people here buy and put clothes on their dogs. What are your thoughts regarding dog clothing? Only if functional? It's cute so why not? Has to have a purpose? What do you look for? I've met owners who have their dogs in something every day and others who will never put their dogs in clothes.

If you do like dog clothing, where do you shop and why? There's a lot of options out there. Just curious.

·
Registered
22 Posts
my little guy has rather sparse fur , so I buy warm jackets for winter - not usually costumes

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Only functional. Costumes can comprise dogs' ability to read each other's body language. Our preferred choice is Equafleece.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't dress mine. Dogs are dogs not dolls, living breathing beings not playthings.

That said they have worn a scarf or bandana for a Christmas or birthday photo.. its on for all of 5 minutes if that..

Yes they have raincoats for the days when rain falls with drops like golfballs and they have a bathrobe wrap in the car in case we get caught out in a storm just to keep them warm and protect the car a bit! But this is all functional and not day to day.

I prefer to see dogs being dogs running ,playing swimming being muddy etc...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, these are good insights. Dog clothes tend to be polarizing. We try to make all of our clothing wearable meaning, for example, there's a harness hole in our hoodies so the dog can be warm while on walks but it's definitely not always necessary. We're coming out with rain coats, booties and a few other products that are function based.

Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Ours will wear a raincoat, when necessary, and if the temps are in the 30's or less a sweater, otherwise no clothes. I am really not a big fan of clothing for dogs, but there are time when it is IMO necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't dressed my dogs up since around the time we got them. We've gone through a few costumes and all they seem to do is chew them up. They're American Eskimos so they have a pretty thick fur coat, maybe they get hot or just uncomfortable in them. I think it would have to be comfortable, movable, stretchable and clothing that wouldn't get in the way of anything. They especially will not wear socks or anything that is too bulky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts