Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my dog (9 mos old Italian Greyhound x Terrier) chews on everything. From cupcake cups outside to computer wires to table corners to people's hands to my computer while im writing this thread. He's a puppy so he cant do much damage, but we want to get him to stop ASAP. What do we do??

Thanks
AJ

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
My dog chews on anything I have in my hand, I simply grab a toy and give that to him, if he refuses the toy and keeps chewing where he can't simply tell him "uh uh" in a gentle tone and move it (I assume you are on a laptop and he is not on a computer desk ;) ) if he is chewing on things you cannot move try real hard to get him interested in a toy and play with him, getting his focus off that bad object and onto the good one. Hope this make sense, I just took my first sip of my morning coffee :)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Cords are DANGEROUS!!! (had to caps that-it's important!!) You can proof your wires with either casing or block them off-so he can't get near them. But do not try to do it by supervision alone.

He's a puppy like others have said-supervise, and give him appropriate things to chew.

Also-are you using a crate. I am not a crate user, but for a new dog or puppy (or a lab LOL) they are necessary and very helpful for when you can't supervise. They keep the dog safe and your belongings safe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would chewproof your house as has already been suggested, our seven week old boxer is keeping me well on my toes, never known a pup to be such a chewer at this age lol.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
you can also spray things he isn't supposed to chew with "bitter apple" or "fooey" i only spray the dangerous or expensive stuff with it....and keep lots and lots and lots and lots of stuff around that is supposed to be chewed on. i like kong toys...you can put soft stuff in them (peanut butter, cream cheese, banana, etc) and it will take a while for the dog to lick and chew it out....takes even longer if you freeze it.

he may also be a bit bored...do you have lots of play time and exercise time for him?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts