Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My dog had been chewing himself all over his body. The vet gave us pills and that helped for a while then stopped working.
Back at the vet he said to shampoo him with a special shampoo once a week. Bingo the dog has stopped chewing his body drilling holes all over.
But he is still chewing his back paws raw. The pills, the shampoo nothing helps.
I am thinking about putting some sort of shoes on the dog (Until the paws heal) and take them off when he goes outside.
I searched the web briefly but couldn't find anything.
Has anyone heard of anything like this?

Thxs

Pat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sure there are doggy shoes available not knowing where you are I cant offer the name of a store that stocks them but there are loads around.

Did your vet ever identify why your dog is biting? Murhy our 3 year old Stabij is allergic to beef so that was a simple diet change and fresh mowed grass...which is more difficult but washing his paws and chin each time he comes home from a walk with clean fresh water helps barrier cream on his chin helps and sometimes a pill (apoquel) is needed to stop the itch but the main breakthorugh was finding the trigger once that was known we could plan around it.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts