Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I've been researching my Gracie ever since we got her. I have NO idea, nor does my vet regarding her breed make up. She's a silver reverse brindle with double dew claws in the back. She's the same age and size as my Malinois, but doesn't have as athletic of a build. Originally, I assumed greyhound or whippet because of her colour, but the vet says its not possible based on the position of her hips. She picked up as a stray in SC and was sent to a kill shelter. She flew on a place to NY as a participant in Pilots and Paws. We rescued her while she was at an ACD foster. They had her breed as Aus. Cattle dog and husky. I'm doubtful on the husky.

My thoughts are:

Catahoula Leopard Dog x Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler)
Akita Inu
Jindu
Pitbull
Feist

Native American Indian Dog
Formosan
xolocuintel (WITH hair)

She rarely barks, when she does its a verbal "Yip!" Her growl is also quite unusual and sounds like she's whining or asking a question. She has a high prey drive and at 11 months she weighs approximately 65 lbs. I appreciate all thoughts regarding her breeds! Many thanks! :rockon:

Attachments

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
wow... i have no clue as to what her breed could be... both your dogs are gorgeous btw...:) she is so leggy looking too, for her size... hmm... her ears and head definitely look like thy could be ACD... she doesn't look like a bully breed, IMO... the other breeds you listed tend to be pretty rare, she could just be a super mutt... she is so unique looking... lol, guess i wasn't much help :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Pit/shep mix? I don't see xolo, or some of the other breeds you mentioned - and it's pretty unlikely because not only are they rare but it's so unlikely that they were just wandering around impregnanting bitches!

·
Registered
145 Posts
My first thought was possibly mixed with Jindo. Doesnt look like the Native American Indian dog but does resemble the Native Indian dog, yes they look different, acording to dogbreedinfo.com anyway lol. Either way. GORGEOUS =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pit/shep mix? I don't see xolo, or some of the other breeds you mentioned - and it's pretty unlikely because not only are they rare but it's so unlikely that they were just wandering around impregnating bitches!
A good point...she's such a little weirdo, I just have no clue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow... i have no clue as to what her breed could be... both your dogs are gorgeous btw...:) she is so leggy looking too, for her size... hmm... her ears and head definitely look like thy could be ACD... she doesn't look like a bully breed, IMO... the other breeds you listed tend to be pretty rare, she could just be a super mutt... she is so unique looking... lol, guess i wasn't much help :)
Thanks for the compliments! She could be a super mutt, she's so mellow and lazy, unless you're a cat or squirrel...I though maybe there's some Great Dane in there, but...the head and ears are wrong. She doesn't have the ACD personality really but she's super smart. And those freaky double dangley dews! They're really only Commonly found in Beaucerons, Catahoulas, Great Pyr., Akita Inus... Yeah, she's a strange one. Especially with that little Dingo "YiP! " that she does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first thought was possibly mixed with Jindo. Doesnt look like the Native American Indian dog but does resemble the Native Indian dog, yes they look different, according to dogbreedinfo.com anyway lol. Either way. GORGEOUS =)
Oh, I didn't realize Native Indian dogs and Native Indian Dogs were different dog breeds...pretty cool. She could be jindo, the tail is all wrong for jindo or akita ino.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Most of the breeds you considered I'd guess she's not as they are so rare to find. :p Although at the same time you can never know, could be a chance all the same!

I really have no guesses on this one! Such a cool looking dog though. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most of the breeds you considered I'd guess she's not as they are so rare to find. :p Although at the same time you can never know, could be a chance all the same!

I really have no guesses on this one! Such a cool looking dog though. :D

Thanks for the compliments! I'm stumped too. Its become a mission to find out the answer. I may cave and spend the fifty bucks on a dna test. Its driving me nuts...I just have to know!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Very beautiful dogs. Sorry, I can't help you with the guess. But you are right, I do not see any husky in her at all.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
like the others said, most of the breeds you mentioned are really rare. i could see ACD, maybe shepherd, maybe a little of some kind of bully too. hard to tell. beautiful dog though, has some really interesting and pretty coloring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts