Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I don't know, probably chi or chi-mix, but personally I think it doesn't look healthy to me.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Thanks for the answer. How come do you think it's not healthy? what makes you say that?
i don't know... it's mainly just a feeling.
I've seen a lot of photos made this way by people that are brokers of too young single puppies or people breeding dogs purely for profit. People don't care much for the dogs health.
they often sell on ebay smalladds.
the backgrounds look kind of emotionless and cold and the puppy look often very passive.

Most reputable breeders like their dogs a lot and you see it in the way they make photos. You need a certain passion for this kind of hobby.
even if they're not the greatest photo artists, you see that they care.
they either show snapshots or they try to make it look good and get the dog involved on the photo, and the puppy knows the breeder and so is more likely to show some kind of reaction to him/her, which is not the case with a broker.

perhaps it is also the photo quality, but i think the eyes look also a bit weird.they seem pretty bulgy, which is not unusual with very small dogs, and like there's some kind of grey film above them. perhaps an ignition.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'm won't pretend to be an expert on Chihuahuas but from what I've seen in the past it doesn't look like a purebred chihuahua puppies.

On the other hand, I don't see anything unhealthy looking in the puppies.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
They're definitely not pure Chihuahuas, their heads are too big and they just don't look right to be Chihuahuas. They and their mom also look terrified. I would NOT get one. It looks like a backyard breeder/puppy mill.

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
547 Posts
They're definitely not pure Chihuahuas, their heads are too big and they just don't look right to be Chihuahuas. They and their mom also look terrified. I would NOT get one. It looks like a backyard breeder/puppy mill.
I second that... the poor things look scared to death. :(

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I second that... the poor things look scared to death. :(
I agree. The mom doesn't look happy. And the pups look scared without their mother around. Plus, I have never seen chi with pug like eyes. So I'm sure the puppies are mixed.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 15 of 15 Posts