Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my pup a birthday cake as he turns 1 this month.
I have found a great place that does liver, salmon, banana and all sorts in their cake.
I'm a pretty regular person who doesn't tend to go overboard with the dog like dress him up or anything but I am into Birthdays and very much want to get him a cake and let him go on a walk with his friends, but not sure what the other dogs owners will think?!

What are your opinions on Doggie birthdays?

Reactions: SillyWilly

·
Registered
536 Posts
I usually throw my dogs big parties with new clothes, party hats, gifts and homemade pizza and cake so yeah I think they are a great idea :)

One thing I do suggest is limit how much of it your dog eats unless you don't mind cleaning up diarrhea. I made the mistake once of letting Lily eat as much as she wanted and the results were nasty :p

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. We don't celebrate their birthdays, but we do celebrate their "gotcha" days. Generally, I make them a treat and then take them to Petsmart for a new toy or collar and finally on to Starbucks for a puppy latte.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We celebrate Gotcha Days as we don't know their real birthdays. I'm planning Ace's right now. I'll be home the entire day, we'll go for a run, to the pet store and I'll make some PB treats for him (and a few of his friends. I always take pictures too.

I cap this off with some wine for me haha

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ohh I love the idea of doggy birthdays! I think it's wonderful!

Reminds me of this channel I've been looking at recently:
Gone to the Snow Dogs - YouTube

Some great ideas there and they're so much fun to watch! She makes birthday pupcakes and has recipes on how to make them!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I haven't given cakes, usually just a toy and a bone or piece of meat. No actual celebration.
With a cake I would likely cut it up for different days instead of give it all at once,sense I don't really want to risk stomach upset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i have been warned about the stomach upset it can give, decided to share the cakes with friends dogs so they can have the fun experience as well haha!

All it is now is deciding the flavour to get him, (they have said i can make up my own if I like:) ):
Salmon & Cheddar
Liver
Banana & Honey
Banana & Carob
Tuna
Betrrot & Apple

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
I always celebrate, usually with dog cupcakes, new chewy, toy and collar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.