Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to the forum and need help and advice. I have 2 golden retrievers, who are litter mates. Jersey and Dakota are 6 and a half years old.
Seven weeks ago Jersey had surgery for a bowel obstruction. She appears to have fully recovered ...active, eating, and happy to be with her brother, Dakota. Then today she attacked our neighbors dog (Australian cow dog, I think). She has known this dog for at least 1 year and has not been aggressive before. According to our neighbor, Jersey sat by the gate and waited for the dog to come back from checking cattle, sprang out and attacked. Jersey knows our neighbor and has obeyed his commands in the past but today she would not. My husband, who heard the commotion, was able to control Jersey with verbal command. We live in the country and the dogs are not tied up. Jersey and Dakota were both fixed at 6 months old. Dakota was not involved in the incident. For now, we have restrained Jersey but do not want to do this long term. Obviously, good relations with our neighbor is very important. Where is this coming from? Jersey has always been an obedient sweet girl.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Could she be in pain? Sometimes that can cause dogs to do strange things like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not think she is in pain as she is eating well and runs and plays with her brother. Had a vet visit this am and talked about the incident. Vet also takes care of the attacked dog and informed us she was a "mean spirited dog". Could something of happened at another time that we are unaware of and Jersey remembered? Remembered enough to go out of her way to encounter this dog?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.