Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a special section for beds so I though toys was close enough. I was wondering what dog beds are your favorite for your pets and why? What's the most elaborate or expensive dog bed you've ever seen?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Jethro wants nothing to do with dog beds. He does get to use our bed with permission and seems to enjoy that. He has a "place" that is his to go to (either by choice or when commanded) and it's nothing more than a fleece throw that is folded in half and placed on the floor by the chair I sit in most often (because he is happiest by my side).
We'll have to see about Ziva. I did pick up a throw to give her her own "place", but that's it so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jethro wants nothing to do with dog beds. He does get to use our bed with permission and seems to enjoy that. He has a "place" that is his to go to (either by choice or when commanded) and it's nothing more than a fleece throw that is folded in half and placed on the floor by the chair I sit in most often (because he is happiest by my side).
We'll have to see about Ziva. I did pick up a throw to give her her own "place", but that's it so far.
Lol so you bought him a bed and he snuck up his nose at it? Rofl. I like sharing my bed too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I first got lela all I had on hand was a comforter a big queen sized one that I folded in quarters. She really liked it. I mean If I am on the couch with the kid and the husband, want to be a lap dog or not there is just no room for the whole family. Lol. She often would go to her blanket then and I also was using it as a "comfort zone" a "out of the way" zone and was really a life safer. BUT she decided that instead of laying on it chewing on the lace and hiding toys and household items such as socks pencils an empty toilet paper roll and my gerbils wood chew sticks . ( she was stealing away from the other pets now what kind of dog does that. :ponder::whistle:)

So in the end I ended up not being able to put up with the blanket but I am getting her a new dog bed this week. I see a lot around a town but I just want to make sure to get the right one so she will actually like to use..unfortunately she WILL be using it one way or another for things like when company come over and she has to sit down on the bed until guests take their leave or get comfortable. She is not fond of a crate so it is learn how to stay on a bed or deal with a crate and I think she will work with me on the bed:p

I really was interested in the memory foam bed that is made for dogs now..not sure where to get it though I am not really fond of ordering online ( no reason other then impatience for getting what I ordered lol )

There are a couple of pillow type beds at walmart..but she chews on stuff like that too much and I feel it was just be an expensive chew toy I end having to toss.

As far as expensive ..I mean jeez I have seen dog beds cost several hundred dollars and large enough for me to sleep in and that is saying alot lol. These types of beds, however , seem to be bought because they are aesthetically pleasing rather then efficient. I have seen people buy these beds and the dog not want anywhere near it lol.

Here is a dog bed for the dream list

I know your like that is just a bed..yea but its for a dog. lol I mean it is cute but for several hundred dollars and the fact at night she sleeps with me , during the day she sits near me, and the only time she would use it is when I have her sit there or there isn't room for her on the couch lol. Not very realistic.

Then this one , man when I saw it I DROOLED. Lela thought I was turning into a dog.

And the grand total IS...$710 bucks. lol. So yea as much as I like it...
something like this...

Is much more reasonable..plus I think she would like the puff arms she always lays her head down on our couch arms :D

So yea I love looking at crazy pet beds though they are fun and people have unique designs and ideas. If I had a small dog this would so have to get bought even if I gave it to my daughter to keep in her room when the dog visits her in the bedroom ( we usually keep that time limited because they get each other in trouble)

Can't say that isn't cute!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Then this one , man when I saw it I DROOLED. Lela thought I was turning into a dog.

And the grand total IS...$710 bucks. lol. So yea as much as I like it...
something like this...
OMG!! I'm so making that bed!! it will look great in my guest room!

where do they get the nerve to charge $710 for a dog bed?

·
Registered
74 Posts
where do they get the nerve to charge $710 for a dog bed?
They get the nerve to charge that because they think people won't do this..

OMG!! I'm so making that bed!!
lol. When you look at the bed the design isn't that complicated and indeed is simple enough to make if you have the right frugal sence for shopping and building on a budget. You could prolly make it for 100 bucks or less and that is getting really good quality materials. I mean The basic design is a short wood frame with legs that is padded and covered with a fabric material and then a pillow is attached..though not sure how they attached it that may take some figuring out..the rest is just artistic painting and stenciling. I prolly wouldn't have the woodworking where with all to make the base board but I would totally be able to paint it...now I am starting to think about getting a friend of mine to make a base bed and make one myself..that would be fun but it would be big for lela to fit in...well I am rambling ..

I LOVE the quest room..I do my living room in the same style but I got to admit your room looks like something out of a magazine. I love the walls the best that is my favorite. I got a wall fan kinda like that mine has peacocks. ^_^

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Well, I spent 3000$ on my bed and that's where they seem to prefer to sleep. If you mean beds just for dogs, the favourite seems to be the 4 foot pine-shavings stuffed circle I got at costco for 25$. A close second is one with the arm puffs that I got for 80$. If they could both sleep on it, it would probably be the first.

I have a small memory foam bed that they seem to like better than the pillow ones - they tend to drag it into rooms where the pillow beds are. I got a second one for the kennel since it doesn't get padded down as much. The price wasn't too horrible either.

Why yes, I have a lot of dog beds - Tesla is a scrawny who gets seroma's easily so I need two beds in every room.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I made dog beds for my buddies, I wanted loose fill oversize ones so they could 'nest' in the center. They'll lay on them for a while, but then they're just too hot! They lay on the cool wood floor. They'll move from spot to spot as they warm up the floor. Malamutes are like that! I did love the photos of the "fit for a king" beds - but also wonder how much visual space they take as well?

·
Registered
420 Posts
My house dogs do have orthopedic beds in the living room but, prefer the homemade hand woven mats with Velux blanket covers. I'd have thought they'd like a softer bed but, according to them cushy beds are for chilling while I watch TV and mats are for sleeping on LOL.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We bought two types for our dog, a round one with walls and a flat rectangular one. Both are for medium dogs but the round one looks alot smaller and my dog barely fits in it. HOWEVER, she loves the round one. I think the walls make her feel safer. She never goes to the flat one unless it's up against a wall or corner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For me it depens on the dog. Our late guy really used to piss on what he didnt like 😂 His choice was a othopedic bed with armrests. This one prefers a ikea design armchair with pillows in our living room. So I bought him a dog bed with arm rests, vetbed, a sheep skin on it and a own pillow. Working well during the day time working in the office. At none working ours he lays on the sofa and when enough of the cuddles or hot he moves to the armchair which is fine for us.

·
Super Moderator
3,725 Posts
Zombie thread - not your fault @anouk, it was reopened and brought back from the dead by someone whose post I've deleted for breaching forum rules on directing people to their own site.

But ill just close it now to tidy up the site from 10 year old posts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.