Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my dog ate a few bites of a piece of bread that has small bits of raisins in it. This could have been around 8am. About half an hour ago, she suddenly puked, and I saw some bits of the bread in there but I couldn't see raisins since there aren't any whole pieces in the bread, just small strips. She seems fine, but I'm worried that I should still take her to the vet. She's a bichon frise weighing about 18 lbs. I can't tell how much she ate cause there's no whole pieces of raisins but I'm guess it would be about 4 or less raisins?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,711 Posts
I honestly don't think a few raisins in a piece of raisin bread would harm an 18 lb dog, but you could call the vet and ask. It would also depend on other behavior. If she puked, but is otherwise normal I'd be less worried than if she puked and is acting lethargic, whining, pacing, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Raisins are pretty toxic to dogs. It's good she threw them up. I wouldn't think such a small amount would seriously harm her, but I would at least call the vet just to be 100% sure. Best of luck, hope your girl feels better soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top