Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 20lb shnauzer ate 7-8 chicken wing bones (cooked). I gave her some bread, but unsure if she should go to vet. Anybody have experience and advice?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would ring your vet straight away. They might advise you to come straight in, or might be happy to wait and see if she shows signs of discomfort.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Agree you should check with your Vet. I have always been under the impression that any chicken bones, raw or cooked were not something any dog should have.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As I understand it, even raw can be a problem if the dog eats a large quantity when not used to it - when introduced to raw gradually their stomach acids gradually get more acidic to deal with the bones.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Murphy and George eat raw and indeed we started off with less boney cuts but theyve never had a problem .. Cooked are dangerous and the OP should contact a vet just to be sure

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of my CASDs got a cooked chicken leg once. I just gave about 5 pieces of bread soaked in some olive oil. He is about 170 lbs, so give your dog maybe one slice of bread with olive oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts