Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, and thank you for reading/replying to my post im new on this forum so dont know how to use it very well but here i go. so i came home and my dog was fine... came up and jumped all over me as usual to great me. about 20 mins later he got up arched his back started trying to walk around all off balance and crooked and didnt get very far he did this for a few mins... laid back down. 5 mins later he gets up runs over to us and does the same thing... now 10 mins later hes fine? he has done this before? it looks scary. i acctually took a video of it but i donno how to post ill ill try..

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
You need to take your pet to the vet and voice these concerns. A dog arching it's back while walking can be a number of things, from bloat to back pain to your dog possible having seizure like activity. Regardless the video and the dog need to be seen by a vet as soon as possible for the sake of your dog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i allmost did but i donno if they can diagnose it without it happening in the presence of the vet... and its only happened once before and if i took him to vet it would be gone before i got there

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Most vets would gladly look at the video at the time of exam and it would help to give a diagnosis. To me, something painful or neurological is going on and if he were mine I would take him in.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Agreed with Kay you need to get your pup to a vet. They will for sure want to do xrays to rule out any spinal issues, and after watching the video they will probably want to do bloodwork to check for any electrolyte imbalances or organ dysfunction.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
that isnt normal at all infact if any of my dogs were like that on the video id get them to the vet asap. maybe a disc slipped or something who knows? if you take the video to the vet they will very gladly watch it and it will really help to diagnose him/her! in fact if i am taking a dog to the vet before i do i take photo or video of whats wrong and he is happy to look at it and go from there along with physical exam etc.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You need to get him to a Vet. Home diagnoses can be dangerous, and a good Vet can usually diagnose problems like this. My guess, and its only a guess, he injured his back somehow, but you really need a Vet involved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone for replying to my post... my kids were throwing around blackbarries and i think he ate some... anyhow i read that they can be upsetting to dogs as they prob wont typiclly eat them in the wild. hes just fine now but if the symptoms come back i might have to take him to the vet but i think he prob had some stomach cramping.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Blackberries are safe for dogs, as are strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Also ingestion of them shouldn't cause the disoriented behaviour like you've videoed, whether you think they would eat them in the wild or not (wild dogs, like wolves, do occasionally eat berries, fiy).

If he ate to many, he might have stomach ache with vomiting or diarrhea, but he wouldn't wobble like that. I would still take him to a vet if he were mine.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Blackberries are safe for dogs, as are strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Also ingestion of them shouldn't cause the disoriented behaviour like you've videoed, whether you think they would eat them in the wild or not (wild dogs, like wolves, do occasionally eat berries, fiy).

If he ate to many, he might have stomach ache with vomiting or diarrhea, but he wouldn't wobble like that. I would still take him to a vet if he were mine.
So would i

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I agree you still need a Vet to examine him, if only to eliminate the possibility of something going on that can be remediated medically. Let us know what happens. Hopefully its nothing serious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts