Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this is a common thread, but I figure it's easy to create a new one. I recently purchased a puppy (Female-Blue Tick Walker/Border Collie), and my other dog (she is a 5 and a half year old Golden Retriever, Labrador, German Shepherd mix) is extremely food aggressive towards the puppy. I separate the two while eating, and keep them separated until they are both finished. Daisy (5.5 year old) will keep a close eye on Echo (puppy) when I let her back in the room where Daisy eats. If Echo goes towards where Daisy was eating, then she trys to attack Echo. I immediately separate them, and try to keep the peace. What's the best way to take this forward? A new dog food, with time, or is it something I may have to deal with? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
If it's only a problem during meal times, I've found the easiest thing to do is just to feed separately.

My youngest is actually pretty feisty with food and he also tries to steal from the other two dogs. We've done some work where I have him settle on a mat and eat while the other two eat and it has worked pretty well, but overall it's just easier to feed him in a different room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.