Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new and seeking help with one of my dogs. He is a Walker Coon Hound mix and about 3 years old. He has a problem with showing aggression (growling, occasional nip/lunge) at my wife when I am not around. If I am present he doesn't display any of these issues. This started when my wife got pregnant and things changed around the house, mostly baby gates and he and our other dog stopped sleeping in the same room as us. Since we had our child there has been even more changes and now that our little one is walking and exploring he has growled at her as well. Today my wife heard growling and then the baby started crying, we assume the dog spooked her but we don't want to have this escalate and her getting nipped at our bitten. My wife's current plan is to get a dog run built and throw the dogs outside when I am not home. I don't really want this but I am at a loss on what to do. He never displays this type of behavior in front of me so I am unsure what I can do to correct it. I have considered taking behavioral training classes with him but I don't know if that will help when I am not there.

Thank you for your assistance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts