Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Duke an 11 mo old Rottweiler ok. They are working dogs breed for a job, guard! I bought Duke from a breeder that breed her dogs to do schutzhund thats were they are trained to attack people in certain spots to take them down. So he has a very strong gaurd instinct. That any rott will have. BUT!

MY DAMN naighbor next door is like in his yard which is ok, duh. Well duke is doing his job barking at the fence line. Thats one reason why we chose rotts because my mom was abducted and they said they would come after her and kill her. She feels safer with a large dog.

Any ways I brought him in after I was done with what I was doing. And as soon as my slider opens hes like "thats some dog youve got!" like all passive agressive oh did I mention he is a CONTOLING HUSBAND.
It is my right to have a gaurd dog! No he is not trained to kill! He is in MY YARD. There is a sucure fence! CRAP YOU!

Then I needed to ad straw to Sexy's house and he was standing there watching me! YUK! Thats when I needed Duke. "sick him duke sick him"
Uh he makes me feel like hes a chi-mo or something. Im sorry but im REALLY REALLY MAD
Because oh his damn kids I had to give up my first "show" dog because he was being teased to much.

THEN I had to blow off steam so I took my two dogs for a walk, Duke and Angle an amstaf. Well the dogs down the street are aloud to be let loose in their yard, normally the people watch them. And before all the dogs attacked duke and one had him to the ground!

This is there pack
1 lrg english mastiff, intacted.
1 lrg Rottwieler, intacted.
1 med rottwieler female, spayed.
1 MEAN aussie mix, spayed.

All charging for my dogs. Im sorry but Duke can handle him self hes a big boy my poor old Angle is crippled never gets to go on walks, she saved my life. So im like a mama grizzly when it comes to her, or any of my pets.
I kicked the one male that was near duke and I kicked the other one that was by angle. I do feel bad because they were like yelping. But I need to protect my dogs. There owners were not there so im going to kill them. They are lucky! Cause honestly I would bring out a switch blade to save my dogs life!

I hate talking like this because I love animals and want to pick up any thing stray including moles and possums! Im sorry this is really long but I needed to vent. I do feel bad though , but what am I going to do a growling pack of dogs!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh yeah, Im hearing you. I cant stand my neighbours, always teasing my dogs. It really does make it hard to show a dog that starts to hate ppl cause they are teased alot. Would love my dogs to pull those kids down without attacking them :D

As for you protecting your dog, dont feel bad. They should look after theirs properly. Yours shouldnt have to get hurt due to irrisponsible owners :mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was so mad yesterday. I just spilt every thing. I wouldnt want to pull a switch blade out unless I really had to. And then I would go for the butt or the shoulder where it couldnt do to much damage, unless the dog turned on me then Id go for some where els.
But since this is the second time this happend I am going to start carring a knife when I go by.
I mean the first time the owners were right there and they were yelling at the dogs but they just kept charging! And threw Duke to the ground which mind you this is a young rottweiler pup and they REMEMBER everything! I wanted to show this boy, what if he became vicious towards other dogs, im not going to be the one who's dog is attacking another in the ring!

I use to show English Bulldogs and Schipperkies! Mainly in WA but went to OR (the big show! It was soooo fun) and Montana. I was asked to come show someones dog in newyork but my grandpa said no because they were only going to pay for my flight and he didnt want other people to think I would be a handler for free. I was 15-16 when I was showing!

I got duke to get back into it, but my mom didnt buy his papers hes like 11 mos (brain fart) so now I think its to late. She was suppose to give them 150 each month untill the 500 was up. Thats how much they charged to have him papered. But other wise we just paid 700 for him. Now she still is like well I still want to get his papers and bla bla, really made me mad! How long have you been showing dogs?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Carrying a knife is a bit extreme and can only land you into trouble. Maybe some capsicum spray or a stun gun. They will soon know what his them. Some ppl in Australia carry a bat, so if their dogs got attacked then that is also protection to get them off. but if you stab them you can be in serious trouble. Just carrying a knife they can put you in gaol.

We arent allowed to sell reg'd dogs here without the papers, so thats pretty poor form that you werent given them. They belong with the dog, if ppl cant afford that price they get placed on the limited reg, which means pet.

I have been showing all my life, im now 43.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh here you cant get in trouble for carring a knife as long as its not over a certain amount of inches, other wise you cant get in trouble for it. Because my dad has one on him all the time. And even if you do attack a dog with it, its self defense of course you may need bites to prove that the dog was attacking you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts