Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jack Rusell lives in the garden area of our house which is a huge space and sleeps in the basement. Every time I used to come home, she would come to me so I could pet her but for the past 2 months, she has been hiding from me and acting really weird. She is also 11 years old (human age). Just yesterday, she snuck in the house and went upstairs to my room and hid under my bed, is she trying to say something? I also researched and apparently dogs hide from their owners when they feel they are about to die, is this true? I really don't want to lose her :(

·
Registered
434 Posts
My Jack Rusell lives in the garden area of our house which is a huge space and sleeps in the basement. Every time I used to come home, she would come to me so I could pet her but for the past 2 months, she has been hiding from me and acting really weird. She is also 11 years old (human age). Just yesterday, she snuck in the house and went upstairs to my room and hid under my bed, is she trying to say something? I also researched and apparently dogs hide from their owners when they feel they are about to die, is this true? I really don't want to lose her :(
I don't want to come off rude but why would you even have a dog if they live in your backyard and sleep in the basement? Forgive me, but that sounds really cruel. Dogs are pack animals and your family is his pack. He only wants to be around you. Dogs were not made to be alone all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sorry I meant she stays there to sleep otherwise we let her in the house as well. She usually just stays downstairs but when she snuck in the house, she climbed up and went all the way to my room for some reason, she never really does that.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
She obviously has something going on. I would suggest a trip to the Vet to do a complete medical assessment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
No sorry I meant she stays there to sleep otherwise we let her in the house as well. She usually just stays downstairs but when she snuck in the house, she climbed up and went all the way to my room for some reason, she never really does that.
Ahhhh! I see. :) Do you think maybe something spooked her? I think maybe like Laco said, a trip to the vet when you can. I hope she turns out to be okay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts