Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to this forum so bare with me if I am posting this in the wrong section.

My dog is a Male golden/collie mix, a little over a year old and is still intact.

Every night when it's time for bed I take my dog outside to do his business i make sure he pees and poops and we go up to my room and we go right to bed.

However the past 2 or 3 nights have been different, now after he does his business outside and we go upstairs, he does everything he can to get me to take him outside again. When i do take him out again we go back to my room and he still wants to go back outside. I've taken him out multiple times in a very small period of time and all he does is walk around and smell.

My theory is that maybe there is a dog in heat somewhere in the neighborhood? I am unsure. He has been licking the grass which I have heard is a way for males to smell females more. I plan on getting him fixed in a couple weeks but should I take him to the vet prior to that?

Any help or similar experiences is appreciates. Thanks all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah maybe. I don't know he acts normal all day and plays with the other dogs, eats normal and everything. Its just at night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts