Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I forgot to ask this in my other post, but it's a little different. We've only had our dog for almost 4 full days, but we've been noticing the past two days that around evening time, he doesn't seem to know what to do. It's like he can't settle. But it also doesn't seem like he wants to play. He likes attention in general, especially having his belly rubbed but it seems like during this time if he doesn't get attention, he doesn't know what else to do. In the morning and afternoon, he seems fine resting for awhile. My husband calls it moping. He doesn't whine or cry, but mopes around. He's not good at playing with toys or chewing on a fake bone or anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to ask this in my other post, but it's a little different. We've only had our dog for almost 4 full days, but we've been noticing the past two days that around evening time, he doesn't seem to know what to do. It's like he can't settle. But it also doesn't seem like he wants to play. He likes attention in general, especially having his belly rubbed but it seems like during this time if he doesn't get attention, he doesn't know what else to do. In the morning and afternoon, he seems fine resting for awhile. My husband calls it moping. He doesn't whine or cry, but mopes around. He's not good at playing with toys or chewing on a fake bone or anything.
Also, we haven't been letting him on the couch. During this time at night should we let him maybe if we aren't doing anything and feel like it? Or should we never let him on the couch???

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Not all dogs like toys unless they have another dog or person to play with. Does he have a bed to go to? Once you let him on the couch you wont be able to get him off so make sure that is what you want before you start. Remember dogs are dirty and hairy. My dogs have their beds in the living room to sleep on and are very happy to be there. Give him a place to be comfortable and he does not need the couch unless that is what you prefer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts