Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

My dog used to follow me around the house, always want attention and would just generally be a mommy's girl.

Recently, I got two kittens, and she's been acting like I hurt her feelings! Won't look at me when called, doesn't want to be petted or held anymore, ect.

Is she feeling like she's being replaced? How can I make her feel better?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
While dogs can't grasp the idea of their owners acquiring new pets, the change in environment can absolutely throw them off. She is probably a bit distressed that there are two new creatures roaming the house unchecked and that nobody seems to be concerned about this. Even more so if the kittens are getting most of the attention (who are we kidding, they can be a handful!).

Don't be surprised if it takes her a week or two to adjust, but so long as you make a point of keeping her routine as regular as possible, she should get over not being the 'only child' anymore :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
How long have you had the new kittens? It will probably take her at the very least a few weeks to adjust, maybe even longer. Just try to give her a lot of attention, schedule some fun time for just you and her away from the kitties. Hopefully in time she will adjust.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only had them for a week. She's getting back to her old self now though, and today she even tried to play with the kitties!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts