Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago my dog had a surgery to remove abscess that formed as a result of being bitten by another dog. She has been given anaesthetics, and therefore had a cannula in her paw. She has 3 different antibiotics, but it seems to be healing fine. The problem is her paw, where she had the cannula. I noticed she was licking the paw excessively, even when the bandage was still on it. I took the cannula out after 2 days, and it bled a little. But now it seems that her paw is hurting a lot, and she won’t let anybody touch it. She lifts it up sometimes. Other times she walks normally. She licks it all the time. I put a bandage on it again, to stop her from doing it. I did not notice any red spots, nor does it look bigger than usual. Is it normal that it hurts 3 days since having the surgery? Should I go to the vet’s? I am getting quite worried. Thank you a lot.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
It certainly would not hurt to call your Vet and describe what is going on. Your Vet will advise as to whether or not she should be seen by him or her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts