Dog Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
This thread came up as a recomended reading so i thought i may as well post in it.
My dog hunts rats and rabbits. He dosnt try and eat them. He used to chase the foxes but we havnt had foxes in yrs and thats when the local rabbit population exploded.
And then theres hes fish he'd chase all day everyday if he could

·
Registered
484 Posts
Tessa once caught the scent of a rabbit when off leash at a friends acreage. She was quite far off when suddenly her entire body went rigid, I was terrified that she had seen a coyote but she was too far off to catch up and call her back. My friend laughed and said it was just a bush bunny. Well she ran off into a bush and came running straight back at me, the entire time being chased by a gigantic Jack rabbit that was almost the size of her lol.

I don't think she could ever kill anything, unless it threatened me.

For reference, this is a bush bunny:
View attachment 146738
this is a Jack Rabbit (they're usually the size of a small border collie here):
View attachment 146746
Looks like a kangaroo crossed with a rabbit :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know what kind these are?
IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

They are so cute. We found them and thought they were motherless but after calling wildlife rescue they said put back and check bellies next morning, so we did and believe they still have their mom thankfully. We see soo many bunnies all over our yard, i love watchin them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts
Anyone know what kind these are? View attachment 247228
View attachment 247229
They are so cute. We found them and thought they were motherless but after calling wildlife rescue they said put back and check bellies next morning, so we did and believe they still have their mom thankfully. We see soo many bunnies all over our yard, i love watchin them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesse says they look like num nums

·
Registered
518 Posts
Both Murphy and George are hunting breeds but hunting with dogs isnt allowed here so we have to keep their prey drive under control.. Somehow I think the local hare population know this and they just sit and give the dogs the evil eye..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Both Murphy and George are hunting breeds but hunting with dogs isnt allowed here so we have to keep their prey drive under control.. Somehow I think the local hare population know this and they just sit and give the dogs the evil eye..

View attachment 247271
It actualy does look mean😅
Where i am its legal for a pet dog to kill wild pests in public areas. Jesses only caught 4 rabbits. The water rats however are a native protected species.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts