Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Phoebe is becoming accustome to the house, we've fallen into a pretty good routine. I love everything about her, especially the sleeping up against me underneath the covers, she will stay there all night.

The funny thing I've noticed is everytime she goes outside to go poop, she spins about 6 times before finally squatting, I've never seen a dog do that lol. She does the same thing if she's trying to lay down on a blanket. :p
What are some funny quirks your dogs do?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
My dog walks when she poo's cuz she is a chihuahua and when it touches the ground she freaks out LOL

Peyton runs to a corner and pee's.

Glacier looks around with a "I am ashamed" look on his face sometimes LOL

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, love the freak out. That would be so cute. Bella's weird one is she will not take poo in the yard, she HAS to be on a walk on the trail I always take her on in the morning, if she misses her morning walk then she goes in the house.

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
From what I've observed, they sort of go to their potty area and spin and pace to find a good spot, and I think use the scent of it (you see them smelling often) to prepare to 'go' ;) All my dogs have done that and I'm pretty sure that's why :)

Also spinning before laying down or squatting is instinctual-they are stomping down grass but also looking for snakes etc-from what I've read :)

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
Kiwi will not poop in front of us...she will hold it...or hide..

Tippy does the walk and poop thing...

Chili sleeps under the covers...he also always follows me in the bathroom and supervises.

none of them do the spin and sleep thing....but the dig and sleep thing...oh yeah

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kiwi will not poop in front of us...she will hold it...or hide..
Bella won't go unless I look away from her, I'm not allowed to keep walking either or she won't finish. Every morning I see her squat I have to stop walking and look the other direction. She'll just stare and me and refuses to go until I do it. So funny

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
clover has to roll around grunting very loadly and rubbing his whole face and all around on his back after every meal...sometimes he'll put his face down on the floor and push with his back legs (almost like a wheel barrow or something)it's hilarious

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
He's wiping his little bum for you!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
my dog doesnt spin to poop but she walks as she is pooping cus she is all the way on her tippy toes cus her precious butt has to stay as far away from the ground as poss. :p she also pees on other dogs poop soon after they have pooped to mark after them :p

~MSE

·
Registered
11,148 Posts
My two don't do anything strange, but an acquaintance of mine had a minpin that would balance on her front feet when she pooped. I was amazed that she didn't fall forward while in the middle of the process.:confused:

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
^^ omg that image just made me crack up really loudly and my dog looked up at me like i had three heads.

~MSE

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My two don't do anything strange, but an acquaintance of mine had a minpin that would balance on her front feet when she pooped. I was amazed that she didn't fall forward while in the middle of the process.:confused:
Phoebe my min pin does that too. Its so weird to watch her. I don't know how she balances AND doesn't pee on herself at the same time.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.