Dog Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
Pitbulls are the same as any other dog the way they turn out is dependant on the owner.. If your neighbour is a macho idiot the dogs is most likely going to be that way too but if your neihbour is a gentle person theres a good chance the dog will be as well..

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Pitbulls are the same as any other dog the way they turn out is dependant on the owner.. If your neighbour is a macho idiot the dogs is most likely going to be that way too but if your neihbour is a gentle person theres a good chance the dog will be as well..
Oh no!!!!...馃槵 neighbours in my area are just a complete nuisance and also stupid to the core!!....
I am scared they might use the dog for their "Dominance" purposes...Chances are that I am getting killed by a Pitbull!!馃槄

Registered
Whoa wait a minute.. How much do you know about beagles?
This is not an easy dog . dont be fooled by the cute look , big eyes and the floppy ears, they are pure hunting dogs with a prey drive like you wouldnt beleive. My 14 year old blind beagle took off after a rabbit and I had to chase him for 45 minutes.. They are not trustworthy off lead.
On a related note (related to walking off leash) below is a short video of basset hound races (yes, that's thing). I won't tell you how it ends but when you watch is just imagine trying to walk a basset hound off leash. 98% of a basset hound's brain is hard-wired straight to their nose.... I'm sure many beagles get distracted like this too.

On a side note, my current dog is a poodle. Poodles have intermediate prey instincts and well developed herding instincts. They aren't often used as herding dogs because there are even better candidates for that job but a poodle's herding instinct makes it an outstanding dog off lead. They are intelligent, obedient and check almost constantly to see where you are.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
On a related note (related to walking off leash) below is a short video of basset hound races (yes, that's thing). I won't tell you how it ends but when you watch is just imagine trying to walk a basset hound off leash. 98% of a basset hound's brain is hard-wired straight to their nose.... I'm sure many beagles get distracted like this too.

On a side note, my current dog is a poodle. Poodles have intermediate prey instincts and well developed herding instincts. They aren't often used as herding dogs because there are even better candidates for that job but a poodle's herding instinct makes it an outstanding dog off lead. They are intelligent, obedient and check almost constantly to see where you are.

That's actually amazing for it's size.. They are really obedient!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts