Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. My neighbors are having a party and I noticed when I came out of my house that there was these orange gel droplets around in the garden. They were placed where one of my dogs tends to pee when we let him out. I'm worried that it may be a poison. It is a very odd place to just dump something out as it's pretty out of the way of the neighbors house and near our front door. Our dogs are yappy when we come home and when people come near the door and I'm scared that this is some sort of revenge.
Weird Orange Gel - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That does look similar. Are those slime molds essentially gels? I could wash away all of it with the hose. Also, how quickly can they grow? I was just mowing the grass earlier today and they were not there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can hose a slime mold away although the excess moisture may cause it to return unless the area dries out very quickly. It is recommended that you scrape it up, and dispose of it away from where it was growing to prevent regrowth. I would do that anyway, in case it's something different that may be harmful to your dog.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
That does look similar. Are those slime molds essentially gels? I could wash away all of it with the hose. Also, how quickly can they grow? I was just mowing the grass earlier today and they were not there.

From what I'm reading what likely happened is that the individual slime mold cells joined together and formed the orange drops that you saw. It's actually a one celled organism that has the ability to group together with other slime mold and form a clump that's visible. Slime Molds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.