Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need your help.

I'm adopting a 4months old female shiba inu puppy. I'm told by the owner that she's a pedigree and is healthy and requested for a picture.

this is how she looks like atm: https://s18.postimg.org/jngs2ye95/unnamed.jpg

I'm slightly concerned because her snout doesn't look quite typical of a shiba inu and her tail isn't curled up as most do. is she really a purebred? Looks doesn't matter to me, but i just wanna be sure that the owner is truthful. thank you appreciate your help.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know anything about this specific breed but you could ask to see the parents' paperwork and to check them out. You could also ask the breeder for recommendations. I'm guessing this is not the parents' first litter, so you could check with other buyers to make sure they were pleased with their dogs. You could also ask the breeder for the name of the veterinarian they use and make a phone call to the vet for a recommendation and to see how the vet feels they are as breeders.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Are you just having this dog shipped to you? Typically unless you're REALLY savvy at picking breeders and knowing what to ask and who to ask about the person you're doing business with, I don't ever advise people buy a dog sight unseen. Shiba Inus are a big fad breed, and as of now there are probably more unsavory breeders of them than good ones. If you have reservations about this breeder/dog, then don't purchase the puppy. I would suggest you find another breeder that is close enough for you to visit the puppies, mother, and see what conditions the animals are kept in.

Reactions: McCourt
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.