Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog cut his paw on some glass at the park and i'm not sure if he needs stitches. Its been wrapped in gauze and it seemes to be healing a bit but it still seems like a large wound. I posted a photo if anyone could help us out by taking a look at it and responding with advice. thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I cannot see the picture, but you really should take the dog in to the vet.
Foot injuries are easily susceptible to infection.
If you are asking here, then it is likely you need to take the pooch into the vet for advice and care.
It is unlikely the vet will stitch a pad, but antibiotics are more why I would go in.

·
Registered
292 Posts
A cut on the pad is difficult to keep closed with stitches.
If affordability with a vet is a concern, try calling them and explaining to them your situation.
With my experience in having dogs with similar problems, you are doing all that the vet will do aside from antibiotics.
You can find info online on how to properly clean and bandage your dogs foot and tips on how to keep them unactive until it really starts to heal.
There are all kinds of ways and tips to keep your dog entertained as it is nearly impossible to keep a dog still and off its foot.

Maybe the vet will do a quick courtesy look at the foot and prescribe you the antibiotics, or tell you the dog needs more than that.
Try the Humane Society for financial assistance to get it looked at.
Antibiotics would cost me in my area about 20 to 30 bucks...if that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts