Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the break down!

Chloe was spayed exactly 7 days ago, the next day I picked her up from the rescue that I adopted her from. Like any rescue she's spent most of the week slowly coming out of her shell.

The attached picture was taken tonight. After seven days I expected the incision site to have healed more, but Chloe has been rather active. It's still a small swollen lump, but she had an antibiotic shot at the vets office before she went back to the rescue to come home to us.

She had Glue and dissolvable internal stitches, she doesn't lock the wound, but I've caught her scratching at it handful of times. It doesn't seem to hurt her but it does seem to itch if you touch it. She'll lick the area around the site but not the actual incision.

Am I Just an overly worried puppy mommy? Or does this site look abnormal?

I should add that she's eating like a little piggy, has a cold wet nose and too much energy lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
If in doubt, have your vet check it...the one that did the surgery...for something like that, my vet would never charge a fee.

To me, in just looking at that photo, it looks just slightly irritated, it a little red. But it doesn't look like it's 'weepy' - that there is puss oozing from it. The redness could just be from her scratching at it. You could probably touch around the the sides of the incision and see if it feels a lot warmer than the normal skin areas on the belly.

Still, your best bet, if you are worried about it, is to see if the vet could just take a quick peek at it and let you know if they think it's looking good or not.

Stormy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts