Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I've been training Biscuit in agility a lot recently. But my backyard, where he trains every day, is completely cement. Is this harmful for him to jump on in any way? I don't want to hurt him... Thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
My only concern is if there's a tumble, intentional or not, as obviously concrete has no give, and injuries are definitely much more likely. We recently had a new pad of concrete put down at the entrance of our garage, and now I no longer let my dogs jump down from the back of my truck, after my oldest one took a tumble and hurt herself. She was fine after a bit, but I felt horrible and still kick myself to this day. :(

In comparison to grass, is it more difficult to make quick turns; eg: traction? Joint-wise, I also am unclear if working on concrete it is more or equally hazardous than working on grass...? Also, there's going to be some serious elbow pads if he's laying down on it repeatedly.

On the upside, I bet you don't have to trim Biscuit's nails at ALL! :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only concern is if there's a tumble, intentional or not, as obviously concrete has no give, and injuries are definitely much more likely. We recently had a new pad of concrete put down at the entrance of our garage, and now I no longer let my dogs jump down from the back of my truck, after my oldest one took a tumble and hurt herself. She was fine after a bit, but I felt horrible and still kick myself to this day. :(

On the upside, I bet you don't have to trim Biscuit's nails at ALL! :)
:) Yeah, I never trim them, and yet and they're always trimmed short. He has taken quite a few tumbles, bless his heart. Most are him hitting the wall as he comes out of the closed tunnel. I'll work on that. ;)

Reactions: mhop
1 - 3 of 3 Posts