Dog Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a dog named dutchess who i've had for 4 or 5 years she is a mixed breed i got her from our local animal shelter but i have no idea what she is mixed with

·
Registered
54 Posts
She looks more like part springer spaniel as she is big for a normal spaniel...Whatever she is she is lovely!!I hope she brings your home many years of happiness.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I see a little Golden Retriever but whatever she maybe, she sure is cute! Have you thought about DNA testing her for what type of breeds she might be?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmm, I definitely see the Golden Retriever, she also could have a little bit of Rough Collie in her. (Like Lassie) Some of the coloring and fur seems to hint it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would say Golden Retriever and Springer. The face has some Springer in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would guess a golden retriever with perhaps either cocker spaniel or cavalier king charles spaniel mixed in...she's a cutie!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the others, she looks like she has cocker spaniel in her.

Have you asked a vet for their opinion? Most of my dogs have been mixed breeds, and the vet has always been helpful in determining the mix.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My guess is Springer mix, maybe some Golden... maybe some other breeds in the mix also, but springer is the most striking to me from that photo.
You can ask your vet about doing a Wisdom Panel DNA test if you're really curious.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my guess about Saminku's dog

i have a dog named dutchess who i've had for 4 or 5 years she is a mixed breed i got her from our local animal shelter but i have no idea what she is mixed with

Hi there,
I seem to often be able to pick breeds - I agree cocker spaniel cross....my guess would be whiter coloured cocker spaniel X red setter. Other suggestion is in agreement with springer spaniel X cocker spaniel (like somebody else.....). There's something lanky about her legs that makes me think red setter. Maybe a 3way cross, also, with a white husky thrown in as well....Only guessing......looks like a nice dog, kinda headstrong like my girl....am I right?
;););););););););););) ;) Cheers Jewels

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know..

My vote is for cocker spaniel and golden retriever. I used to work at Petco and l loved to play the game of guess the breeds!
-Eva

·
Banned
112 Posts
My vote is for cocker spaniel and golden retriever. I used to work at Petco and l loved to play the game of guess the breeds!
-Eva
That mix is commonly known as a "Comfort Retriever". And this dog doesn't look like one.

It does look like a type of smallish collie with a bit of smallish foxhound outcross, not flat on the body sort of like a hound. Very long hair on it coming from the collie. Hound influence due to the flopped ear and noticeable stop from the top of head transitioning into the snout area. Curls down on that breed to prevent debris from getting in it when going in a hole after game animals. Interesting look. The colors are certainly on the palette that Collies and Foxhounds come from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
http://www.dogforum.com/members/241/lwn0324, the reason she is on a chain is we live close to the road and i keep her on a chain cause i don't want her to get killed

jewles she is not headstrong when she gets off the chain she will pull you when you try to walk her but i just think she is excited about getting a walk then she calms down

but thanks to everyone who replied i might take her to the vet's to see what she is mixed with but to tell the truth i don't care what she is i love her and i love having her around

1 - 19 of 19 Posts