Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
She most definitely has a pit bull head/face, however, without knowing the size, weight, and seeing the full body structure it is really impossible to tell the "mix".
She's a cutie though! I would almost bet mostly pit bull but her nose appears a little long. The color is impossible to determine the pit bull color as they are of many colors and markings. Pit bulls are usually good with adults. They are used to fight other dogs, not people, but they still have a genuine reputation for attacking children, other dogs, or others unprovoked. It is how they were bred. I think they are a beautiful dog, but me, I'd never own one due to the fact they are so unpredictable. Show us a profile and give us some measurements for more info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well actually I know this dog, its my friends dog, shes a female and weighs around 75 pounds she is VERY good with children, cats and adults but she hates other dogs. She is also adopted from the SPCA

·
Registered
94 Posts
Judging by the pictures of her head and body shape and the weight you mentioned I would say an APBT mix of some kind. Beautiful pics btw.

ChooChoo I really urge you to watch this video clip. APBT used to be called Nanny Dogs because of how great most of them are with children actually. It is not unusual for some of them to be dog aggressive, but when bred and raised correctly they can be one of the most lovable and loyal breeds around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Definitly Pit, Very pretty!

I currently have a pit mix and she's great with Kids younger and older, Cats and other dogs. I have put alot of training in her though. I have to say, I never thought I would own one but she is extremely sweet and very smart.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gorgeous dog and it does look like an APBT. Pit bulls are incredible dogs I have owned several and currently own one. What people fail to realize is they are a "Terrier" and have a terrier personality. They are loving and loyal, devoted and quite comical at times however....unless you are aware of terrier traits and understand their tenacious behavior they can be more than a handful.

this is Shelby when she was a baby..now who could resist a face like that!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.