Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I got my Sheba from the RSPCA center in Newport, i've had her around 2 months and still have no idea what breed she is!

The RSCPA thought she was a Belgian Shepherd Tervuren

The vet thinks she's an Alsation x Corgi

And then my dog expert neighbour thinks she's got Husky in her as well as Alsation x Corgi

P050609_15.54.JPG

P290709_14.40[02].JPG

P290709_14.40.JPG

Photo 71.jpg

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
My first impression was a german shepard crossed with an asian breed..

Like akita or whatnot...

she looks like a senior dog, is she older?....congrats on your adoption! :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, she's nine years old :)

When i went to the RSPCA there crowds queuing for puppies, and the worker said that not many of the older dogs get adopted, so i thought she'd need a home more :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope it is a good enough home for her, she's my first dog so i'm still learning the trade.

The signs are good though as when i adopted her she was overweight, so i was trying to exercise her as much as possible, and now according to the vet she's lost a lot of excess weight and now is in good shape.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You are a fantastic person. She is beautiful. We have a 12 yr old German Shepherd that looks a lot like her. I think Sheba is German Shepherd and possiblyTervuren. Alsation is another name for German Shepherd. GS are very good dogs. I don't think you will be sorry. Our Cheyenne is very big boned. She is a very big dog. Is Sheba big boned? Her picture looks like she is. I think she has a very good home.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just wanted to say Sheba is at the age where you might think about giving her something for her hip joints. German Shepherds have a lot of hip displaysia when they get older. We give our Cheyenne, Cod Liver Oil and Glucosamine/chondroiton every day. They can become incontinent too. Cranberry helps and there are things that you can give her for bladder and kidney function. I don't want to scare you. If you know you can be prepared. I started giving these to her as soon as she turned 10. Cheyenne is having hip problems but not kidney or bladder problems yet. Sheba is a lucky girl. G S hepherds are very loving companions and good guardians.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww thank you :)

Sheba's quite the opposite with size, she's quite a small one compared to most German Shepards we meet over the park, :p

We are giving her something everyday for her hip dysplasia in her meal, it's in tablet form. She hasn't had any kidney or bladder problems yet, but i'll keep cranberry in mind if she does ;)

I think i'm the lucky one for having such a fantastic first dog, she's won over all my friends who aren't dog people :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha she does :p

I thought she was alsation cross husky as well, due to the double coat, heavy malting and her curved tail!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.