Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just started to sew...reason? so I can make my own dog jackets :rofl:

So I've been researching on which types of needles to use for different types of fabrics. I want to make a ripstop nylon jacket lined with fleece, but both fabrics use different types of needles. Fleece (not microfleece) should be ball point needles and ripstop to use microtex. I read that you should not use a ball point needle. Would a microtex needle work on polar fleece???

·
Banned
1,885 Posts
found 2 "sewing fleece" tipsheets

i do sew, but fleece isn't a fabric i like. :eek:
Polyester in general is a fiber i try to avoid; i'm not keen on synthetics, sorry.

OTOH, i found some tips for sewing fleece:

12 Tips for Sewing With Fleece - Craftsy
https://www.craftsy.com › Blog Home › Sewing Blog › Garment Construction
Nov 20, 2013 -
If you have never sewn with fleece before, you are missing out on a lot of sewing fun! Here are 12 tips for ... Debuting as Polar fleece in 1979, it is among one of the most popular fabrics for crafts, outerwear, and general sewing. Fleece is a purely ... Microtex or ballpoint sewing machine needles are best.

Tips for Sewing with Fleece - Threads
Tips for Sewing with Fleece - Threads
Nov 28, 2007 -
In my neck of the woods, the weather has turned chilly. Chilly weather means it's time to pull out the fleece! For seamsters, fleece is very easy to work with. But there are a few tips that I have found that may make it even easier for you. * Use a ball point or Microtex needle.
To avoid skipped stitches, I prefer to ...

HTH,
- terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts