Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I ended up not getting the dog the last time I posted on here, not that long ago. It just didn't feel right. Since then, I've started volunteering at the shelter, dog-walking, and helping rescues to evaluate dogs on the kill list. It's been a lot of fun and now I might be about to get into short-term fostering for some rescues up north. To that end, does anyone have any experience with fostering and any tips or advice to share? I've fostered cats before but not dogs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Well, I ended up not getting the dog the last time I posted on here, not that long ago. It just didn't feel right. Since then, I've started volunteering at the shelter, dog-walking, and helping rescues to evaluate dogs on the kill list. It's been a lot of fun and now I might be about to get into short-term fostering for some rescues up north. To that end, does anyone have any experience with fostering and any tips or advice to share? I've fostered cats before but not dogs.

Thanks!
I did it for about 6 years and it was great. I ran a boarding facility at the time so having another dog in the group was not a real chore. I kept one in that time after placing her in 3 homes and she kept coming back for one reason or another. I think she just chose us as her forever home. It is so great when you find that right home for them. I would recommend fostering to anyone that has the space and time. It is very rewarding. The hard part is remembering this it temporary, it is easy to fall in love with them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts