Dog Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Aussie Chi mix. Her name is Sam. She helped mend my broken heart when my Jake was hit by a car. =( She really did pull me out of it and I am grateful. I never had a girl dog and she's as cute as a button. Her mother was a brown Chihuhua and her father was a black and white Australian shepherd mix. You can't tell, but the black in her coat is a fine combination of both black and brown giving her an almost auburn color when the sun hits her just right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Temperament wise, she has a lot of energy. She's smart and house trained when she was old enough to go home with me. She does not like to be told No! She barks at us when we do and also working on that. Chewing issues...the vet called her a drama queen who yelps when they barely touch her. The staff at the Vets office said its a chihuahua thing...i suppose. She is territorial and a little nervous when new people are in the house. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toy Aussie/Chihuahua

I have a new Chihuahua Australian Shepherd mix named Black Olive-or Olive for short. I had previously never heard of this breed. She's the best dog i've owned-all the cuteness of a chihuahua and all the brains of a shepherd-
she herds my girlfriends Staffordshire around the yard with little nips and wrestles with my cats. She also seems to enjoy humping the cats-which I assume is natural puppy love, but still a bit odd-maybe she'll grow out of that-better than my leg I guess. Looking for any info on this breed-and glad to find a dog forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
This is an old thread and the OP Hasent been back. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry for not replying! Been a bit busy! I've met the puppy already, they are actually only 14 days old (Born on May 1st) so it is really hard to judge how it will react. I also know the person, she's my neighbor, so I will watch how the little things progress and see if they turn into little demons or not.
Thanks for all the advice! (Still in the works about getting one of them or not.)
I have an Aussie-chi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Toy Aussie/Chihuahua

I have a new Chihuahua Australian Shepherd mix named Black Olive-or Olive for short. I had previously never heard of this breed. She's the best dog i've owned-all the cuteness of a chihuahua and all the brains of a shepherd-
she herds my girlfriends Staffordshire around the yard with little nips and wrestles with my cats. She also seems to enjoy humping the cats-which I assume is natural puppy love, but still a bit odd-maybe she'll grow out of that-better than my leg I guess. Looking for any info on this breed-and glad to find a dog forum!
I have this breed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a miniature australian shepherd chihuahua mix, she is the sweetest puppy ever! And smart! Quite, friendly and almost potty trained at 10 weeks! She likes to chew though, were working on that. Not sure how to post pics on here but she is the cutest puppy ive ever seen (not just saying that because she's mine lol)
I have one too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section of the forums.

I'm thinking about getting a Mini-Aussie/Chihuahua mix, but before I do, does anyone have one and know what their temperament is like?
Any information would help!

Additional info:
I did 3 days of research about crossbreeds between Mini-Aussies and Chihuahuas and have come up with nothing of use, except a few newborn pictures. It would be nice if someone could post a few pictures of this cross-breed when it's full grown (if anyone reading this had this mix).

~Kody
I know ur post is older, but I just adopted a lil Aussie/Chi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section of the forums.

I'm thinking about getting a Mini-Aussie/Chihuahua mix, but before I do, does anyone have one and know what their temperament is like?
Any information would help!

Additional info:
I did 3 days of research about crossbreeds between Mini-Aussies and Chihuahuas and have come up with nothing of use, except a few newborn pictures. It would be nice if someone could post a few pictures of this cross-breed when it's full grown (if anyone reading this had this mix).

~Kody
Kody,
I have a female Chihuahua and a male Mini-Ausie. The breeding was not planned by no means but we now have 6 puppies and they are beautiful!! We have 4- puppies with ice blue eyes, mostly black in color w/small beige and white outlines....and 2- puppies with 1 ice blue eye and 1 brown eye, these are both mostly chocolate in color with black and white outlines. All the puppies have the silky coat like the Mini-Ausie. I cannot be sure on exactly how big or small they will be but so far they havnt grown much at all and have paws that are tiny like the chihuahua. Although I feel like i have really lucked out with their cuteness, I wouldn't suggest breeding these 2 breads together. The reason I say that is because the mama dog (Chihuahua) had to have a caesarean due to complications with birthing. We were extremely lucky to have a #1 Veterinarian that worked her surgery. I hope that I was somewhat helpful for you.

Sheila

21 - 30 of 30 Posts