Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I put this in the wrong section of the forums.

I'm thinking about getting a Mini-Aussie/Chihuahua mix, but before I do, does anyone have one and know what their temperament is like?
Any information would help!

Additional info:
I did 3 days of research about crossbreeds between Mini-Aussies and Chihuahuas and have come up with nothing of use, except a few newborn pictures. It would be nice if someone could post a few pictures of this cross-breed when it's full grown (if anyone reading this had this mix).

~Kody

·
Super Moderator
11,910 Posts
With mixed breed dogs it is often difficult to predict appearance and temperament!
Your best bet is to just go and meet the dog you are interested in to see if it would be a good fit!:)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yeah, I would say it is better to meet the pup in person and see what they are like. I agree that it will be hard to tell their temp. It could have the mini or the chi or it could have a mix of both some here and there.... And if you want a mix breed of the two, I would look for a breed specific rescue as they have tons of mixed breeds who need loving and forever homes.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
please dont purchase from someone thats doing this, you will be very sorry in the end..... im not going into it all because im sure someone else will. if you want the lowdown on poor breeding and what it ends up costing someone, PM me. i have firsthand experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not replying! Been a bit busy! I've met the puppy already, they are actually only 14 days old (Born on May 1st) so it is really hard to judge how it will react. I also know the person, she's my neighbor, so I will watch how the little things progress and see if they turn into little demons or not.
Thanks for all the advice! (Still in the works about getting one of them or not.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a miniature australian shepherd chihuahua mix, she is the sweetest puppy ever! And smart! Quite, friendly and almost potty trained at 10 weeks! She likes to chew though, were working on that. Not sure how to post pics on here but she is the cutest puppy ive ever seen (not just saying that because she's mine lol)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wanted to add that I have been looking for pictures/info. on this breed also with no luck! She is so far a great little puppy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a miniature australian shepherd chihuahua mix, she is the sweetest puppy ever! And smart! Quite, friendly and almost potty trained at 10 weeks! She likes to chew though, were working on that. Not sure how to post pics on here but she is the cutest puppy ive ever seen (not just saying that because she's mine lol)
Yay! Someone else has a Aussie/Chihuahua mix! Question though (Since your picture didnt load for me...) can you tell if it is/going to be long haired or short haired?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yay! Someone else has a Aussie/Chihuahua mix! Question though (Since your picture didnt load for me...) can you tell if it is/going to be long haired or short haired?
Sorry, new to this forum, I will try again with the photos. It looks like she will be medium/short haired. I have been trying to find photos of this mix and can't find ANY! Which is why I replied to this forum for you, she is a really good puppy so far, I hope she stays cute as an adult!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I too am looking for this mixed breen dog. :) My Ginger was taken from us and I miss her so much. Not 100% sure she was this type but I'm pretty sure. I'd love LOVE to find another. Any help or guidance on where I might find one would be awesome!
ps.. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I've posted in the wrong place. :)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Hi. I too am looking for this mixed breen dog. :) My Ginger was taken from us and I miss her so much. Not 100% sure she was this type but I'm pretty sure. I'd love LOVE to find another. Any help or guidance on where I might find one would be awesome!
ps.. I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I've posted in the wrong place. :)
a shelter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts