Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a question.

My 9 months old puppy has a squeaky toy that I got for her more than a month ago. Whenever someone squeaks it, she immediately stops what she is doing and goes to the squeaky toy. Then she whimpers with her head hung low. When we give her the toy to play with, she sets it between her paws and grooms it with her teeth while whining at it. After she is done grooming it, she lays down next to it.

Here is the question... have any of you seen your dog do something similar? Could it because she is a girl, and the squeaky is like a baby doll to her?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all. I have a question.

My 9 months old puppy has a squeaky toy that I got for her more than a month ago. Whenever someone squeaks it, she immediately stops what she is doing and goes to the squeaky toy. Then she whimpers with her head hung low. When we give her the toy to play with, she sets it between her paws and grooms it with her teeth while whining at it. After she is done grooming it, she lays down next to it.

Here is the question... have any of you seen your dog do something similar? Could it because she is a girl, and the squeaky is like a baby doll to her?
I had a female schnoodle once that every once in awhile would act like her toy frog was a baby. She would drag it around with her and groom it. Once or twice she growled when we tried to get the frog. Then randomly, she would forget about it.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
this could be a fals pregangy,
is she still intact?

I'd put the toy away for next few weeks and observe her. if you notice her getting very anxious, you could also have a chat with you vet about it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Pepper, my male almost 2 years old boston does this. For him it's a plush ball, the only toy he hasn't ripped to shreds. Usually at night he brings it to his bed and suckles and whines with the ball. We just let him do it, and we think it's kind of cute, then he goes to bed once he's done.
Should have added, he was fixed at 6 months!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.