Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my baby Vito. He is a very smart, curious boy. He knows all of his basic commands in German and loves to steal. It does not matter what you drop. If it hits the floor then it belongs to him. To get your belongings back you have to engage Vito in a high speed pursuit. This is what he does when you turn tour attention to something other than him. Vito also paces. He paces around my house from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. Sometimes he will even pace around in small circles. Idk if he is nervous or if he has bloat. Both are possible since We just moved into a new house and he eats like it is his last meal. Is there a way to find out which one it is without taking him to see a vet just yet? I'm open to ANY suggestions. Thanks guys!!
PicsArt_02-04-07.25.45.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bloat is a medical emergency, if he does this every day then it's not bloat. Do familiarise yourself with the symptoms of bloat, though, because the time it takes to check them on the internet can be the difference between life & death.

When did the pacing start, or has he grown up doing this? What do you feed him? Also, how much walking/other expercise/play/training does he get every day?

I'm not sure if you mentioned his stealing just as an interesting quirk, or if it's something you'd like to stop - do say if it's something you'd like advice on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts