Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog does this weird thing where he zooms around the house and pees in like... 4~5 different places after baths. Do your dogs do that too?

My dog is only 7 months old so I'm not sure if this is something he'd just grow out of or if this is something I really need to worry about. :confused:

·
Banned
422 Posts
My puppy is 5 months old and I have been working on housetraining for 3 months and she still has accident's 4 accident's in the past 2 days It gets frustrating everytime we start making progress she goes back to having tons of accidents

·
Registered
156 Posts
Asha will get the zoomies after a bath but has never pee'd. Is your dog normally house trained in situations not involving a bath?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Asha will get the zoomies after a bath but has never pee'd. Is your dog normally house trained in situations not involving a bath?
He's kind of at that stage where we're working on it. He has accidents almost every day, and the longest he's gone without an accident is two days. But after baths he has these "accident episodes" where he pees in so many places consecutively, even AFTER we took him out twice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My puppy is 5 months old and I have been working on housetraining for 3 months and she still has accident's 4 accident's in the past 2 days It gets frustrating everytime we start making progress she goes back to having tons of accidents
My dog is the same way. I feel your pain. It's gotten to the point where my mom had a mental breakdown and we've been considering putting him up for adoption, to be honest.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well the zoomies are kind of a burst of pent up energy so it's possible he just gets over excited and pees himself. I don't know if it will stop when he's toilet trained or not as some dogs just pee when they get over excited.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My dogs don't pee after a bath. even as puppies didn't. They would have been taken out for pee before bath.

And they never peed during their (usually late evening) zoomies.

If post bath zoomies cause peeing in he house, I would not allow them, at least for the time being. I would dry him thoroughly and then pop him outside for his zoomies.

·
Registered
813 Posts
He's kind of at that stage where we're working on it. He has accidents almost every day, and the longest he's gone without an accident is two days. But after baths he has these "accident episodes" where he pees in so many places consecutively, even AFTER we took him out twice.
I think you need to review the toilet training and your daily routine. The more he is allowed to pee in the house the more it become an established behaviour and more difficult to modify.

What is your toilet training routine? What breed is he? At 7 months old he does (or should have) quite a bit of control of his bladder, unless, he has a medical problem.

Also what you clean the accident areas will play a role. Unless all traces of urine are removed with either an enzymatic cleaner or a solution of biological powder, he will be attracted back to those places by the residual smell.

Restricting unsupervised access to most of the house is a good idea. Keeping a close eye on him when you can is important so if he starts sniffing he can be taken outside immediately. If you can't keep an eye on him, pop him in a crate or x-pen. Do you take for walks?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My dog does this weird thing where he zooms around the house and pees in like... 4~5 different places after baths. Do your dogs do that too?

My dog is only 7 months old so I'm not sure if this is something he'd just grow out of or if this is something I really need to worry about. :confused:
Cant you just take him out side after baths so he can go where its appropriate. Prevention is the key.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
What Dawnben said. Have a leash handy and as soon as he's out of the bath, snap the leash on and take him outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts