Dog Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Chase has a blue collar and leash , tess has green and mellie has pink. Oh, and my horse has black and white. And by matching colours i mean EVERYTHING.

From collars, to jackets, to booties, to beds and blankets. Chase being a red dobe looks amaazing in dark blue. I am absolutely obssessed with it on him. I think the light green goes amazing with tess, but it always gets lost in her coat ;) Mellie is the baby of the family, but pink just suits her as shes a complete princess!

My horse has a lot of green, blue, white and black. Chestnuts are just so hard to colour match with ;)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
472 Posts
I guess I should clarify... My dogs don't each have a "color" that I try to make everything match to. But If I'm using a tan leather collar, I want the leash and backup to match. If the collar has silver hardware, I want the leash to have silver too! But my dogs have more of a... wardrobe... than most dogs, haha.

These photos are over a year old and the collection has grown... and this is JUST Collarmania and Ella's Lead collars, not leashes, backup, collars from any other company, or any other gear.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
:rofl:

Oh yeah, I NEVER match myself to my dogs. :p Actually, if I notice Sophie and I happen to be wearing the same colors, I'll actually change. ;)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Erik knows his gear and doesn't like to share, heh. So in that respect, I match all of his stuff (dark red) because if I try to use his leash with Gracie's harness, he'll get upset.

Gracie looks awesome in purple, so her harness and leash are a set. But her hoodies and coats can be whatever so long as they don't clash overly with her harness. She loves wearing hoodies too, so I plan to have four or five different-colored ones.

Eva looks good in everything, so her current harness and leash are both silver gray to maximize on collar color options. Her current collar is orange, teal, and white in a sort of tribal pattern.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
*cough* So I may have just ordered a different red slip lead for Ratchet, that happens to match Bern's agility slip lead only in the proper red.

And Bern may just be getting a new pair of agility/disc skid boots in the light blue versus the turquoise. (I needed to get her and Prowl more skid boots anyways).

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Most of Hugo's gear is dark blue so it matches, but that was mainly because I was sick of "Oh what a pretty little dog - what's her name?" comments (still get those btw).
Just yesterday I got Hugo a nice simple soft wild buffalo leather collar in brown & I am really happy with it but now it looks funny with his old dirty blue nylon leash lol. I will get a matching lead in time, I guess, but it's not really a priority.

One day i hope to get a custom collar & leash set handmade from 3 strands of kangaroo leather...I know a local man that makes them & it will be very expensive....but a girl can dream!

Lol at first I thought this thread was going to he about whether or not we matched our own clothing to the dog's gear...I have to admit that I did get sports shoes with the exact shade of blue to match Hugo's gear lol...I didn't set out for that though, it was just a good coincidence at the store.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Oh, one thing I am crazy OCD about is matching hardware. I refuse to use a silver hardware leash with a brass hardware collar, or vise versa. That's why I sold everything that was brass. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
615 Posts
Oh, one thing I am crazy OCD about is matching hardware. I refuse to use a silver hardware leash with a brass hardware collar, or vise versa. That's why I sold everything that was brass. :p
Posted via Mobile Device
I am the same way. However, I still have a brass leash and two collars.

·
Registered
12,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
W'ell, I don't have a big problem with hardware matching. :p But! I will say that one of the big draws to this baby (yep, it's here!)

... is that its hardware is brass which is what I have on the hands-free "belt" I use as well. :) All of my other leashes and collars have silver/steel hardware, except for my long lines and bungee tie--those are brass, too.

<3 this leash already. Way less stretch than my Spindrift bungee leashes, which I think will work better (not such a constant pressure/pull to it from the dogs' end). I'm also glad I went with the blue! Much prettier than the other colors. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
...I didn't know there were options besides silver...

Calypso's rabies tag is gold-colored and I thought that was SO WEIRD when I first saw it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I must be the odd-ball out I got leashes & collars that I thought were nice. Celestial leash (dark blue with stars & moons), neon green leash with glow in the dark eyes & spiderwebs. Black leash with multicolored bones. Purple & black kong leash. Jelly bean harness for Panda. blue collar with white daisies for Panda (my daughter calls him princess, she chose this one for him, mishmash collar for Athena.

I bought them because they were pretty, since the dogs are both long haired, no one can even see that they have a collar on.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I try to make sure everything at least coordinates. He only has one collar and one leash, but he did have another one, because the one he has now was too big, so he slipped out once, BUT he is using the one that we bought first, now. The orange one is the one he has now, he used to have a black one.

BUT, I want to get him one high end collar (something more quality and has a matching leash) and then get him a couple lower end collars from this cool boutique called Bonez. They have the cutest little things! But, I am probably going to get him coordinating or matching things (EX: I wouldn't use his black collar with his orange leash, or his black leash with his orange collar)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts