Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering a miniature or moyen poodle as our second dog, and I would love to hear from people who have poodles, specifically I'd like to know about their energy level, and how much time it takes to groom your own (smaller) poodle. Also, how vocal is your poodle?

We have a friendly, playful 3 year old smooth collie and 2 kids (9&11). I don't know any poodles, but they sound like what we are looking for. We live in a small townhouse with a small fenced yard and go on lots of walks. With speaking with breeders, I am telling them we want a puppy with less of an agility temperament, and more of a therapy dog temperament.

Thank you! (Add a photo of you feel like it 馃槉)

Super Moderator
My family had a poodle when I was,growing up. He was an awesome little dog, very tolerant and biddable. We lived in a duplex flat he was absolutely fine in that with two walks a day.

I'd have another poodle in a heartbeat.

Registered
Ours is half poodle and half bischon, with a lot of poodle personality. We have had her since she was less than a year old, she will be twelve in a couple of months. She is a great loyal, loving dog, with a very outgoing personality. She is vocal only when someone gets too close to the house, but then she is done barking. She will vocalize to help us understand what she wants, but again, then its over. We, or I should say, she has had more than her share of medical issues, bad reactions to medications, an autoimmune disorder,(now in remission), pancreatitis, (under control) and colitis, (now cured) so our Vet costs have truthfully been high. I do carry medical insurance for her, which has been of significant financial help for us. You have to get it when they are young and healthy, and not let it lapse, or every condition they have will be excluded from coverage. We live in a townhouse, and she is a perfect dog for this environment. She wants and needs her walk in the morning, then is content to lounge around the house for the rest of the day, only briefly going out to attend to her needs. She is very bright, catches on very quickly, her understanding of English words and phrases is nothing less than astonishing. We are hopelessly attached to her, and are convinced she is the perfect dog, certainly for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.