Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine owns an adult pomsky; my friend will no longer be able to take care of her because he has an allergy. So we want to have her dog, but; On a website I saw very useful information about adult pomskys and I liked pomskys very much.

Do Pomskys love children? Does anyone know about this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
Many dogs have the capacity to like or dislike children. Since this is your friend's dog, why not just ask your friend what this dog is like? And maybe arrange a trial week? But remember the dog will be unsettled in a strange place so don't rush interactions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many dogs have the capacity to like or dislike children. Since this is your friend's dog, why not just ask your friend what this dog is like? And maybe arrange a trial week? But remember the dog will be unsettled in a strange place so don't rush interactions.
The trial week is a very good idea, thank you. But after I adopted the dog from my friend, I don't want to give it back

·
Super Moderator
354 Posts
I'm not sure the purpose of your question then. If the dog is happy playing, you would seem to have your answer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Since the dog is a mix between two breeds you need to take the both breeds characteristics into account. The Husky is suppose to be good with kids while breeders often discourage people with smaller kids to buy a Pomeranian due to that they are very fragile. It’s therefore a dangerous environment for the small dog to be in.

However the most important part is that you teach your kids to respect and listen to the dog. Teach them about a dogs body language and the signals a dog can make when it’s feeling discomfort and want to be left alone. A new dog is often very exciting but you need to respect his space and feelings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts