Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog (she is a mix) clearly does not. I cannot seem to find anything online as to whether this is breed specific or not. I am not concerned anything is wrong with her, just curious why she has more like a capital D shaped eye and my other two have circles for eyes (irises).

Anyone wanna go examine their dogs now? lol

We joke a lot and call her a furby because it does look a little odd... but it part of her character :)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Glaciers is not perfectly circle and the inside part of his iris (closest to his nose.....ish lol) is kind of shaped straight. Can you take a pic?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! That's exactly like Sassie's... but my other two are not like that. If they are, it is not so dramatic as hers... I will find a pic, yes.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
:) I will have to get a pic of his eyes, but they look exactly like your pups'. Im not sure if its a pit thing or not, buuuuuuut your dog looks like a pit mix to me so its possible :)

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
None of my dogs have/had that so I have no idea how common it is. Honestly I never even knew it was possible.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
I haven't seen that either... but it's bilateral, so I'd think that was an indicator that this may be a variation of normal... ?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
clover's eyes are like that too :)

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Do you know what causes that fawkese? Or if can potentially cause any problems or is a sign of other issues?

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i have no idea, but like holly said, it is in both eyes... clover's isn't as noticible as the one in the pic though, but i think it's only because her eyes protrude a bit more than his...

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Okay, I was just wondering since I had never heard of that before and incase I do come across a dog with that perhaps in an adoption agency whether it would be something I needed to worry about. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a pure bred Corgi named Yogi. He has the exact same shaped iris' as the picture I see here! He was born with juvenile cataracts but I do not know if the iris shape is related to that or not. Either way, his eye sight seemed to have gotten better but the shape has not changed.

·
Registered
396 Posts
my girls eyes are just like that! i've had her vet look at them.. she didnt say if it was normal or not.. she just said her eyes were just fine..

i dont think it means anything.. at least i hope not.. i have 2 dachsunds and theirs arent like this..

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
This thread is over a year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dog (she is a mix) clearly does not. I cannot seem to find anything online as to whether this is breed specific or not. I am not concerned anything is wrong with her, just curious why she has more like a capital D shaped eye and my other two have circles for eyes (irises).

We joke a lot and call her a furby because it does look a little odd... but it part of her character :)

I just googled the same question,because I noticed it on my pitbull/boxer mix..its called coloboma it's a birth defect.😞now I have to find out if it effects their eyesight.any info youv obtained I would love to hear.ty

1 - 20 of 21 Posts