Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying an EmBark test for my dog (today, if I get around to it)
Should I buy directly from their website, or from a retailer like chewy?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The price is pretty much the same for both, and I think either way would be fine, but ordering directly from their website would be more "Direct-to-consumer". I wonder what the results from the test will be.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Buy where it costs less and where you get it faster.
I love Embark and Wisdom Panel. It's interesting to get the results. Let us know!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was concerning embark. But I hear all pitbull breeds come um with American staffordshire . But I realy want to find out his color and if he carries the double muscle genetics his Dad carries he I guess looks fawn but he has some brindle going on . Hard to see but when he is in the light you see it . It looks like the stripes are blue or lilac.

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't see the brindle in that pic

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I think I can see it. Pretty dog! Have you tried Wisdom Panel?

·
Registered
20 Posts
No I haven’t tried anything yet. I thought embark is the way to go. I need to get it done. Have you tried wisdom panel ?

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i haven't. But you said embark wasn't good for pit-type breeds, perhaps wisdom panel is better? Idk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think all dna test for bully breeds come up American staffordshire. Not positive. I’m looking into it tho. I’m homing everything else shows up like color, health, genetics

·
Registered
Z, Rescue Mutt
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Kensi, did you decide/order yet? Also how is the DNA collected, and does it need to be done at a vet?
I ordered from the embark website. It came, and we'll do the test tomorrow. I haven't done it, but you can look up instruction videos- you do it yourself at home. It seems to be a pretty easy process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts