Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Cane Corso. I wish to find best way to protect she from fleas and tick.
I found recipe form net:
half Cup baby shampoo
half Cup lemon juice
2 drops Lavanda essencial oil
1 Cup water
Bath dog with this and rinse after a couple of minutes.
What u think about this recipe?
I bath her 2 times and i really see that kills fleas. But, do also kill tick?
And how often i can bath her with this?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dave,
Have you ever thought of the Soresto collar? I have been using the Soresto collar for two years now and it's been amazing. About $80 for 8 months of use. It's worth it in the long run. Good luck.

AtownDawg

·
Registered
89 Posts
It looks fine to me. You do need the lemon juice because dogs need a different Ph balance than humans and human shampoo can hurt their skin. If this is working very well for your Cane Corso, I'm not waiting for next bath day to try Lavender Essential Oil on my Chihuahuas! I think I've got some around here somewhere.

This is what I used as a flea dip last bath day. I had forgotten all about how well it worked on my cats and how reluctant I was to try it.

laurelsmom's mom's recipe:

Eat an orange. It's good for you.

Now don't throw away the peel and stop whining about being poor. There's nothing wrong with being poor.

Instead of throwing the peel in the garbage, put it in a saucepan with some water and let it simmer on the back of the stove while you splash cold water on your face and darn your socks. There's nothing wrong with darning socks and no reason to cry just because you're poor. There's nothing wrong with being poor.

When the liquid has cooled, rinse out your empty bottle of flea spray and go find your funnel. You need to store the orange peel water in the fridge, but you can use it on your kitty as much as you want. Don't forget to spray the sofa and kitty's bed too.

Now cheer up. There's nothing wrong with being poor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why you said i am poor? I just want most natural way for my dog.
Do Foresto and Seresto is the same think?
How often i can bath my dog with recipe i use?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oops--no edit button.

My mother's recipe:

Save an orange peel. Simmer it in boiling water for about fifteen minutes. When the water cools, use it as you would any commercial flea repellent. Store in refrigerator. It is nontoxic and can be used as often as necessary, even on cats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do recipe but she still have bugs, so i buy foresto collar.
My question is, because is summer and she somethimes go to beach.
Should i take off collar every time?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ticks are very sturdy. Lavender can repel ticks, it won't really kill them though. Edited my post, you seem to have this under control. Hope it all works out for you and your pup :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts