Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do? I've got a few different displays, but I'm running out of room to do things where they look neat and organized. I only display finished dogs stuff, group it together by dog. My kids want to put their stuff on their rooms too, so looking for ideas that won't take up tons of space.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure on that though, seems it could get expensive. I only gave stuff from 4 titled dogs up now. I have one set above my TV with certificate in middle and then the ribbons around it, I have another on a different wall similar set up. Then I have a corner where I've one dog's ribbons on one wall and another dogs on the other (father and daughter), there champion certificates are hanging one above the other by the entry door, Id like to put the 3rd generation as the 3rd certificate down - then I need a place to display his wins. Then there is a 6ths dogs stuff I want to put up lol.
I've seen people have made their own hangers with curtain rods or dowel rods, not sure how to put them together? And how to hang stuff on them? I've also seem a mesh material but that'd need to have something to hang from or a frame?
I thought I could use shelving and corkboard in kids rooms. I want everything to look neat.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
I use pegboard. I painted a silhouette of each dog (Full disclosure, they aren't my dog's actual silhouettes) and then I just hang all the ribbons on there.

They are quasi-grouped by event/type of dog sport, but I'll confess they're kind of just on there so they are out of my way. Then I hang the boards up and proudly display my crazy.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use pegboard. I painted a silhouette of each dog (Full disclosure, they aren't my dog's actual silhouettes) and then I just hang all the ribbons on there.

They are quasi-grouped by event/type of dog sport, but I'll confess they're kind of just on there so they are out of my way. Then I hang the boards up and proudly display my crazy.

Also how do you attach the ribbons to the corkboard.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
I have small safety pins that I attach to the little thread the ribbons have for hanging, pull the safety pin through the hole and turn it, so it holds the ribbon in place. Then I put a little duct tape over it to lock it in place.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks for the idea. Not sure what I will end up doing, more then likely I will actually do a few different displays types.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
I just creeped Pinterest/Google for ideas. There are some really nice options out there, but I'm super cheap. :p

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same! I saw since different things but I'm looking for least expense while still keeping it looking nice. I started going through my stuff last night so I could get an idea which ones I'm adding to the walls and to reorganize totes. Took a couple hours, way longer than expected. Today I went to store looking around and I picked up some bath mats and also a roll of anti slip surface mat to see how those do.

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
There are a lot of cute ideas on line. Last weekend, I saw a couple of crate covers made out of ribbons, but you'd have to have a lot of them to do that--or a really small crate--and obviously you couldn't use rosettes. One person had just used all green qualifier ribbons for the crate cover.

If you're thinking ahead to the holidays, apparently some people decorate a tree with them, too. I don't have enough to do that as I haven't gone to a lot of trials and don't have a lot of different colors (three shows, seven rings: two new title ribbons in black/white/purple, seven green qualifying ribbons, one white, one yellow, five blue). So far, mine are just sitting in a box, and his title certificates for Rally Novice and his three trick dog titles haven't been framed (he just got his BNO title last weekend, so that one hasn't arrived yet).

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There are a lot of cute ideas on line. Last weekend, I saw a couple of crate covers made out of ribbons, but you'd have to have a lot of them to do that--or a really small crate--and obviously you couldn't use rosettes. One person had just used all green qualifier ribbons for the crate cover.

If you're thinking ahead to the holidays, apparently some people decorate a tree with them, too. I don't have enough to do that as I haven't gone to a lot of trials and don't have a lot of different colors (three shows, seven rings: two new title ribbons in black/white/purple, seven green qualifying ribbons, one white, one yellow, five blue). So far, mine are just sitting in a box, and his title certificates for Rally Novice and his three trick dog titles haven't been framed (he just got his BNO title last weekend, so that one hasn't arrived yet).
It sounds like your well on your way!!

I have a lot of ribbons in totes and some certs and then I have other stuff put up or not really displayed yet. I've got a couple areas kind of designated for trophies and I have a column for a few generational title champion certificates but I don't have room for 4th gen, which one will be in my son's room.
I'm still waiting on 2 titles certificates also one from Sept and from JUNE!! I emailed to see what was up in beginning of Sept and they said they'd send out another still haven't got it.

Sons room, still have to put up her Best Puppy plaque. Once she makes champion will put her cert in his room too.

Daughters room, the dog has only been shown 5 times so has a ways to go. I'm going to put my daughter's Jr handling plaques, ribbons and medals in another section of her room.

I've got everything else displayed in living room, with each dog's stuff group together.

I've got a cabinet to the left that I will put his best of show trophies on and for the plaques I will hang those to the right along with his champion certificate and I've got plenty room to add more rosettes!

http://i.imgur.com/5PZjDHF.jpg[/IMG

I put father on left, daughter on right
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pIlOaFD.jpg

Her son's I got like this and I'm thinking of moving and putting on wall next to hers, just get another strip of the "no slip" stuff so I can hang hers on it.

I've got 2 other displays with the rosettes around champion certificates.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts