Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
983 Posts
I'm sorry you had a horrible experience!

Cosmo is reaaally weird about strangers handling him. I can flip him upside down and toss him any which way I want but the moment a stranger reaches for him he completely shuts down and hides behind me and squeezes under me. The last time we visited the vet she gave up on getting his temp because he was terrified and kept sitting down and scooping his butt so she couldn't get it.

I understand that he's difficult to examine and we've been trying to train it out of him but fear is really hard to manage in a dog who doesn't understand that it's for his own good so we haven't unfortunately made a ton of progress. A lot of the staff has been kind of annoyed seeming with it and they don't try to work with me when I suggest offering him treats to get him into a workable position. Our regular vet is wonderful though, she's very warm and helpful. When he had to get his hips xrayed she made sure I saw them and knew exactly what was going on and assured me he was fine. She was also really gentle with him so that was nice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.