Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two beagles and keep them in a dog lot with a dirt floor. What is the best way to get the smell gone. I do pick up their droppings daily, but I need something to get rid of the urine smell...any help? Thanks

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I have two beagles and keep them in a dog lot with a dirt floor. What is the best way to get the smell gone. I do pick up their droppings daily, but I need something to get rid of the urine smell...any help? Thanks
They sell disinfectant/odor control spray that you hook up to your hose. I use it weekly on my yard, bought it from a pet store. I don't know how much it will work on dirt, we have rocks and grass.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I have no clue but I would just do lots of research and whatever you use keep the dogs away from it if its homemade until it dries.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You could try Virkon Virkon® S

It's a veterinary disinfectant ( it kills65 strains of virus in over 19 viral families, 400 strains of bacteria and over 100 strains of fungi. ) so really it's actually better then bleach-plus it's safe to use on fabrics.

You could order it online or buy some from your vet. It dissolves on water and you can spray it on any surface-clothing, carpet, shoes -everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts