Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Mable (my 8 year old golden doodle) has acted very weird this morning. She flies to the door to go potty, then bolts in again to eat. Every morning, this is our routine. She was very sheepish this morning. She finally went out after calling her over and over, and wouldn't eat (but she did eat all of her food) unless it was brought to her. I felt around her to see if her tummy hurt and her hips, and she seemed ok. She is even walking like normal, but she does keep looking at her left hip. She had/has hip dysplasia and we took her out of state to have both hips redone 2 years ago. She has been wonderful and seemingly pain free since this, so I don't think that's her problem.

She just looks and acts horribly uncomfortable. Again, it doesn't feel like it would be her hips. The only thing I can think of is that she got a potato from under the cupboard last night. I caught her with it right away and only ate about a teaspoon worth of it (wasn't green or anything).

She did this one other time a couple months ago, but I didn't think too much of it because she was back to her normal self in the morning. Right before then, she had bloodwork done and a lump (just fatty mass) removed so I felt she was ok.

I will be taking her to the vet today if she keeps acting like this, but I was wondering if any one had any ideas. Thank you all for any input!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Her symptoms are pretty vague but any change in normal behaviour, especially the not eating, can be cause for concern. When in doubt, check it out! I'd take her in to your vet for an examination as it could be her hip, her anals plugged up, could be her belly or any other number of things. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts