Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Here is some information of what happened so far. My dog is a 10 month old, 19 pound Jack Russell mix. On monday the 23rd, she consumed a small amount of a pool cleaning chemical from our apartment complex. It was on the sidewalk and I was not able to see it until it was too late :( She was vomiting continuously and it had a strong, concentrated chlorine smell. We rushed her to the vet, and she was given some medications to prevent ulcers and to coat her stomach. She is perfectly fine now. Playing, running, and acting normal. However, there is one thing that is not normal. Her bark:confused: She used to have a high pitched bark, but immediately after she consumed the chemical her bark changed (I think we first heard the "new" bark the next day). It is now deep and sounds like a big dog's bark. We called the vet, and she said it may be hoarseness. It doesn't seem to hurt her when she barks. But it's been almost a week and it hasn't seemed to go back to normal at all. I'm just wondering if any one else has had experience with a change in their dog's voice? If it's not back to normal in the next week we will bring her into the vet, as we are worried about permanent damage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both. This was a tragic accident and we have been compensated by our complex for the vet bills. (They apparently knew of the chemical spill but didn't clean it up for hours) We're ready to bring her back into the vet if anything changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts